How do you celebrate Valentine’s Day? Personally, I take it as an opportunity to show love to my family, friends, and myself. This usually involves taking time to enjoy some of my own favorite things (such as a face mask, a good book, Grey’s Anatomy, and chocolate), making breakfast for my family, and giving cards and little gifts to my friends. I love giving presents, but to be honest, I’m so indecisive that I’m not an amazing gift giver. And that’s where these Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls come in.
They are pillowy, melt-in-your-mouth tender, and, most important, chocolatey. Because nothing shows love better than chocolate. Especially Eating Evolved Chocolate, which allows you to show love to your body, the environment, and your tastebuds, all at the same time.
These rolls would make the perfect Valentine’s Day breakfast or gift, either to friends/family or to yourself. But if you don’t have time for baking this year, you could also order Eating Evolved products to be delivered right to your door, so you won’t even have to leave the house to give the best Valentines day present out there.
Happy early Valentine’s Day!
- 1 cup oat flour
- ½ cup all purpose flour/gluten free flour
- ¾ cup warm water
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp instant yeast
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Eating Evolved hot chocolate mix
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pour warm water into a large bowl, add yeast, and sprinkle sugar on top of yeast.
- If yeast is activated, you will see small bubbles form in the center of the bowl. If yeast doesn't activate (as often happens to me), just try again!
- Melt coconut oil, then stir into water.
- Add flours and combine thoroughly .
- Allow to rise for ½ hour (at least), then roll into a 3 inch wide, ¼ inch sheet on a floured cutting board.
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Sprinkle hot chocolate mix and cinnamon in the middle of the sheet of dough and roll the dough into a long cylinder.
- Cut into 1 inch pieces and place in a small nonstick skillet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.