As I write this, I am flying above the snowy mountaintops of California en route to Red Rock Canyon, Nevada. Leaving for the airport at 7:30 am is never ideal, but I came prepared with podcasts (currently loving Let it Out with Katie Dalebout), coffee, and best of all, Blackberry Tahini bread!! Aka the most scrumptious breakfast morsel ever to grace my Tupperware.
Though I was hesitant about going on vacation to Red Rock Canyon- which is right outside of Vegas- I don’t think any trip that starts out with a breakfast this good could possibly be anything but awesome.
Even though I’m not so crazy about the Vegas thing- personally I don’t love big crowds, loud noise, and partying- I’ve heard that Red Rock is really beautiful. So hopefully I’m looking forwards to a few days of hiking, doing yoga, relaxing in the sun, and eating delicious food. I hope you follow along with my travels on Instagram!
Blackberry Tahini Bread is an amazing breakfast or snack- hearty and filling, but at the same time light and full of delicate flavor. I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- ¼ c. maple syrup
- ¼ c. milk
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Add ins:
- ½ c. blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350º and grease a loaf pan.
- Whisk together wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add ⅔ of dry mixture to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Rinse blackberries, then pat dry.
- Chop blackberries roughly and coat with remaining flour mixture.
- Add flour and blackberries to batter and stir gently to combine.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.