Cinnamon Delicata Squash Bread
This Cinnamon Delicata Squash Bread is delicious quick bread that will bring a unique flavor to your fall days.
Fall finally arrived at the farmer’s market last weekend! All through September I waited impatiently for the peaches to be replaced with apples, the sunflowers with fall foliage. Now, in the second week of October, the fall produce has arrived!
I practically skipped through the market, taking in the sight of pumpkins, brussels sprouts, and purple sweet potato.
But the most thrilling find was a basket of knobbly, striped delicata squash. I had seen these photogenic gourds all over Instagram and couldn’t wait to try them.
I bought one to roast and add to meals throughout the week, and another to experiment with. I’d heard of “pumpkin” breads made with other types of squash, and I was excited to create my own.
It turned out better than I could have possibly expected. My family members devoured their slices and instantly asked for seconds.
If you make this Cinnamon Delicata Squash Bread, I’d love to hear what you think. Leave a comment or share with me on Instagram. I hope you and your family love this recipe as much as mine does!
- 1 delicata squash
- 1 egg
- ¼ c. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- ½ tbsp pepitas
- Halve delicata squash and roast for 45 minutes at 375 ºF.
- Remove squash from oven, preheat oven to 350 ºF, and grease an 8x4 loaf pan.
- Remove skin, then mash squash in mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add egg, sugar, and olive oil to bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Gently stir in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Once dry ingredients are incorporated, pour batter into pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and pepitas down the center of the loaf.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
If you like this recipe, you should also try: