Mint Chocolate Baked Donuts
It feels like ages since I’ve posted a recipe here on the blog! I’ve been busy with school and interviewing amazing people for the podcast, but I definitely missed creating recipes. I knew I wanted to spend some time in the kitchen this weekend baking something festive, and when I received a sample of Copper Cup’s new product, I was inspired to create these Mint Chocolate Baked Donuts.
These donuts are soft and chocolatey, with a dense, muffin-like texture. A.k.a my perfect donut, as I’m totally obsessed with muffins. The part that makes them really amazing, however, is the icing. It is made from Copper Cup’s Supergreens Latte mix, and it is truly divine.
I interviewed the founders of Copper Cup on the podcast recently, and they are the sweetest husband and wife pair. If you would like to learn more about their story, you can find the episode here, and if you would like to order Copper Cup products, you can do so here.
I hope you find some time to make these delicious donuts in the coming week, and if you do, be sure to post a picture and tag me on Instagram!
- Dry ingredients:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ salt
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- Wet ingredients:
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk (I use 2%, but almond milk would work too)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tbsp Copper Cup Supergreens mix
- ½ tbsp milk of choice
- ⅛ tsp peppermint extract
- Preheat an oven to 350º F and grease a donut pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients in a large bowl, then combine dry ingredients into wet.
- Spoon batter into the pan, then bake for 10 minutes.
- While donuts are in the oven, make icing by combining Copper Cup Supergreens mix, milk, and peppermint extract.
- Remove donuts from oven, allow to cool, then top with icing.
I received free product from Copper Cup to test out, but all opinions in this post are 100% my own.