Peanut Butter Energy Bars (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Goodmix Foods provided me with complimentary product to try out and share if I desired. All text and opinions are my own.
I wish I could tell you guys I’ve been enjoying these Peanut Butter Energy Bars on beautiful hikes, after sweaty workouts, or during super productive work sessions. But the truth is that I’ve spent the majority of my winter vacation resting on the couch trying to recover from a nasty cold. I’ve watched lots of HGTV, spent time with family and complained about my stuffy nose.
I definitely have a tendency to push myself to be productive all the time. I’m pretty good at the sleeping/drinking water/face masks/gentle movement/journaling aspects of self care, but dedicating the majority of the past few weeks to slowing down and resting has been an important learning experience for me.
Since I’ve been prioritizing rest and family time recently, these bars aren’t anything complicated. I’m not asking you to spend hours in the kitchen or make a trip to a specialty foods store. These bars only require 3 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep time. Our simple, nourishing line up includes:
Then if you want to get fancy (which I would totally recommend) you can add in your mix-ins of choice and top the bars with a chocolate drizzle.
I’ve been enjoying these peanut butter energy bars with a cup of tea in the afternoon, as a filling snack before bed, and crumbled up on top of my yogurt bowls.
If you try out this recipe, I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments or on Instagram!
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 3 dried figs (can sub 2 dates for 3 figs)
- ¼ mix-ins (I used a blend of cacao nibs, coconut flakes, chia seeds, and goji berries from Goodmix Foods)
- Optional Chocolate drizzle:
- ¼ tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips
- Combine peanuts, oats, figs, and your chosen mix-ins in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Remove mixture from food processor, then press into a 9x9 baking tin. Bars should be about ¼ inch thick, and they will only fill up half the pan.
- Place bars in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- If you want to include the chocolate drizzle, melt coconut oil and chocolate chips together in the microwave, drizzle chocolate over bars, then return to refrigerator for at least 30 more minutes
If you enjoyed these Peanut Butter Energy Bars, you’ll love my: