Sweet Potato Muffins
As soon as I took these Sweet Potato Muffins out of the oven, my little brother asked if he could have one. I said yes, but told him to wait until I could take pictures. Unfortunately, it was already getting dark (at 5pm!!), so I had to wait until the next morning. By the time I had taken about 50 photos, my brother was getting impatient. I handed him a fluffy muffin smeared with peanut butter, but after all that lead up, I was nervous that my healthy-ish muffins wouldn’t satisfy his sweet tooth.
To my surprise and delight, he loved them! Once as he finished his first muffin, he immediately asked for another. So if these muffins satisfy my sweets-loving 11 year old brother AND are packed full of nourishing ingredients, I’m confident you’ll love them too.
This deliciousness involves some of my favorite ingredients, and if you’ve got any allergies/intolerances, it also happens to be dairy and gluten free! PLUS, it only requires 7 ingredients, so if your pantry is as empty as mine, you can still make these muffins.
If you try out this recipe, I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments or on Instagram!
- ⅔ cup sweet potato purée (1 small sweet potato)
- 1 cup oat flour (certified gluten free if needed)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted then cooled)
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350º F and grease/line a muffin tin.
- Whisk together sweet potato purée, eggs, maple syrup, and coconut oil.
- Gently stir in oat flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin, filling each cup halfway.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
If you enjoyed these Sweet Potato Muffins, you’ll love my: